IBBY Partners and Friends
In this space we will offer news, and links to newsletters, from other IBBY sections around the world. Please stop by often to see the good work of our partners and friends all over the globe.
Letter from IBBY President, Patsy Aldana
In her letter to IBBY members and friends, IBBY Past President Patsy Aldana reported on efforts to build the strength of existing national sections, and developing new sections. Topics covered in the letter include:
- twinning efforts, in which a functioning national section supports a newly established section in mutually rewarding ways ;
- IBBY-Mexico has been chosen as the host of the 2014 World Congress;
- IBBY meetings are being held in Malaysia, USA, and Cuba this year;
- information on the Children in Crisis Program, including funds raised at ALA Midwinter, ongoing programs in Columbia, Italy, Haiti, Palestine, and a meeting in Turkey to consider what strategies might best be suited to the creation of a reading culture in Afghanistan and Tajikistan;
- and other matters of interest, such as the IBBY-Yamada Workshops and worldwide publicity for the Hans Christian Andersen Award.
Please share this letter with your colleagues and friends to better explain the work that they support through their membership dues.
News from Zambia
One of the recipients of a grant from the USBBY Special Projects Fund is the Lubuto Library Project. For more information, download the following:
- Centennial edition of the Lubuto Library Newsletter
- October 2009 Lubuto Library Newsletter (Issue 12)
- May 2010 Lubuto Library Newsletter (Issue 15)
News from IBBY South Africa
Download the following newsletters for news from IBBY South Africa.
- IBBY South Africa Newsletter, December 2012
- IBBY South Africa Newsletter, January 2012
- IBBY South Africa Newsletter, August 2011
- IBBY South Africa Newsletter, March 2011
- IBBY South Africa Newsletter, April 2010
- IBBY South Africa Newsletter, February 2010
- IBBY South Africa Newsletter, August 2009
- IBBY South Africa Newsletter, June 2009
- IBBY South Africa Newsletter, February 2009
News from IBBY Lebanon
IBBY Lebanon, a USBBY twinning partner has provided a report on their accomplishments for 2007 to 2009.
News from Palestine
Download news from the Palestine national section of IBBY (January, 2010). Basarat Kazim reports that thanks to the $1700 received from the IBBY Children in Crisis Fund, to help after the flooding in Pakistan last year, 85 libraries have been put together. Organizations in the Punjab, Sindh and Khyber Pukhtunkhwa have each received twenty libraries, Gilgit Baltistan has received nine, and Baluchistan has received sixteen.
Remember: All USBBY memberships and donations promote reading and literacy
for children somewhere in the world!